WHAT is GoDownsize.com?
Our goal is to make downsizing accessible by gathering the most helpful tips, stories and resources, on how to simplify your life and downsize your space.
- We bring inspiration from people around the world, who have experience in downsizing and simplifying.
- We recommend Tools, Sites, Services etc. that we found helpful.
- We search for the best space-saving and multi-functional furniture we can find. Pieces that enables you to live big in a small place.
- We want to make it easier for small manufacturers to be found online – so their amazing products can reach and inspire even more people.
People have different reasons for downsizing:
- To be able to travel more often
- Get out of debt
- Spend more time with your kids and/or family
- To work less and have time to volunteer
- Change carrier or start your own business
- Live in an area you normally couldn’t afford
- Live within your income and avoid financial pressure
- To test what makes you happy
- …or just because you like the freedom and peace of simple living.
What is your reason for downsizing?
WHO runs it?
Morten and Maria Storgaard, happily married for 7 years and have been downsizing since spring 2011. If interested read: our downsizing story.
|Maria is a creative person, loves to research new space saving possibilities. She is the main writer on GoDownsize, so send her a link if you have an idea. She loves design and has studied both architecture and fashion design. She likes to optimize anything she can get her hands on.|
For relaxation she doodles house ideas and hope to someday build her own house.
Maria has been bid by the travel-bug since she was 17, loves adventure and experimenting. She blogs about these things at OneGirlOneSuitcase.com
Quote: I believe you can have an influence if you speak up.
|Morten likes to do everything 110%, he loves online start-ups and networking. Morten is in charge of tech, gadgets, PR, affiliates and everything behind the scenes at GoDownsize. He has a background in e-commerce business and online marketing. He loves everything online and tech related. Currently working on a Danish news site about Internet speed, connections, wifi etc. at Netkablet.dk.|
Morten enjoys hanging out with friends, traveling and sharing a beer in the sun.
He loves most kinds of music and plays a mean guitar in Captain Roselyn, his chaotic hardcore band, and some more quiet folk music with his solo project Silent Highway.
Favorite quote: Either you believe you can do something or don’t believe it – you´re right!
Get updates (No spam – we hate that too!)
I want weekly inspiration: