Naples, Florida, is a beautiful and bustling city with plenty of boat clubs that allow you to enjoy everything the Naples Bay has to offer.
People join boat clubs for access to a fleet of boats rather than purchasing a boat of their own or renting every time they want to go out on the water. Florida, among many tropical paradises, is the perfect place to try out owning a boat club membership!
We’ve researched the premier boating and yacht clubs in Naples, Florida. Our findings of the pros and cons of each club are listed below.
Freedom Boat Club – Naples Bayfront
Freedom Boat Club is one of the largest franchise-based boat clubs in the United States. These clubs are known for their excellence in service and fleet selection.
Guaranteed levels of Freedom Boat Club membership allow you to enjoy boat club locations around the country, including one of their several sites in Naples.
- Scenic marina located within the Naples Bayfront
- Within walking distance of restaurants such as Pelican Bend and The Boat House
- The Naples Bay location offers easy access to Keewaydin Island
- Provides a variety of fun social events beyond boating, like bowling
- The fleet does not feature a small boat for intimate groups
- May not be the best option for boaters looking for a small club
Related Article: Boat Club Rules: 10 Thing to Know Before Joining
Naples Sailing & Yacht Club
Naples Sailing & Yacht Club has been serving the beautiful Naples bay area since 1964.
In addition to the extensive fleet offered by the club, over the years, it has become known for being the home of one of Naples’ most excellent dining establishments overlooking the bay.
- Located in the Yacht Basin overlooking Naples Bay
- This club features a variety of clubs within the club, such as Wine Club and Bridge Club
- The dock is monitored via security cameras and the dock master seven days a week
- Members can enjoy an exceptional dining experience in a variety of locations within the club
- During the off season, members lose access to perks such as the fine dining
- Members are asked to adhere to a dress policy within certain member areas
Related Article: 7 Boat Clubs in Florida You Should Know (Before Choosing)
Naples Boat Club
Naples Boat Club offers members access to a boathouse with space for over 150 boats.
In addition to the vast expanse of the club’s marina, there are also residential condos and exceptional dining experiences located within walking distance.
All of the amenities are located in the historic, Olde Naples waterfront.
- Members receive a variety of perks such as fuel discounts
- The marina features Molly’s Marine Service, a service shop for your personal boat
- The clubhouse features a variety of amenities, like the pool and members-only areas
- The onsite restaurant is open to the public as well as club members
- The club is located in a bustling area of Naples
Destination Boat Clubs – Naples, FL
Destination Boat Clubs looks to take the high initial cost out of boating by offering affordable options to join their boating club.
With several locations, including the beautiful Naples marina, this boat club is designed for the boater looking to grow with their boat club.
- Offers a variety of boats to members, from pontoons to center console boats
- Members are allowed to have four different boat reservations in the system at a time
- Membership at one location provides access to all the Destination Boat Clubs
- The club maintains a strict 10:1 member to boat ratio
- Has yet to offer a wide variety of locations to members, with only 3 locations
- Additional insurance coverage is required to take boats more than 10 miles offshore
Hamilton Harbor Yacht Club
Located in an iconic Florida style clubhouse, Hamilton Harbor Yacht Club seeks to bring a premium experience to its members with a relaxed and friendly vibe.
Members have access to a plethora of exclusive social clubs and amenities.
Whether you plan to spend all day out on the water or come back for a bit of fine dining, this club wants to be your new home base for the boating and yacht lifestyle.
- Fishing guides and captain’s service means members can access guidance as needed
- Members have exclusive access to social clubs and benefits
- The clubhouse features a full-service bar and restaurant for when you come ashore
- Hamilton Harbor is certified by the state of Florida as a Clean Marina
- Some memberships require a sizeable non-refundable deposit
- The fuel dock is open to the public
Related Article: Boat Clubs In Tampa, Florida: 7 Clubs You Should Know
BayWater Boat Club
Opened in 2006 by experienced business owners and passionate mariners, BayWater Boat Club has grown to become one of the area’s premier boating clubs.
With 40 boats available to members in the beautiful family-owned marina between Fort Myers and Naples, there is something for everyone in this fast-growing boat club.
- BayWater’s contracts lock in their 10:1 boat to member ratio
- There are eight deckhands and two experience dock masters at the ready to help members
- For those times you don’t want to drive, the club offers the services of a captain
- The club offers a variety of pontoon, center console, and deck boats
- Does not offer as many social aspects as other boat clubs
- Members must use two back-to-back reservations in order to keep boats past 5 p.m.
Naples Yacht Club Inc.
Naples Yacht Club has served the friendly and beautiful community of Naples since 1947. With a focus on building lasting relationships for its passionate yachtsmen, the club offers a vast array of social clubs and events.
Out on the water, club members can enjoy premium yachting and sailing.
- Members have access to an exquisite fine dining experience in the club
- Club members can receive guidance from a club with over 50 years experience
- The club places pride on its extensive social calendar
- Members are expected to adhere to a formal dress code
- The club’s website offers little information regarding membership benefits and costs
Pelican Isle Yacht Club
Pelican Isle Yacht Club is recognized as one of the premier private yacht clubs in Naples. The club focuses on providing an exclusive feel while still remaining friendly and helpful.
Certified as a Clean Marina by the state of Florida, this club is designed for those who want all the benefits a club can offer.
- Clubhouse tours are offered to potential members
- The marina is located five minutes away from the Gulf of Mexico
- On-site laundry and showering facilities allow you to leave the sea at the club
- The club offers an on-site dining experience
- During the offseason members have less access to on-site activities
- The marina is located on a scenic, yet out of the way island meaning that members should come fully prepared for a day out on the water
Naples is home to a variety of boat and yacht clubs. Whether you are searching for an exclusive and tightly knit community within a club, or simply there for the boating experience, there is a boat club for every type.
Each boat club on this list offers a different set of social, fine dining, and boating experiences. The right boat club for you will depend on your priorities and needs.
Before joining a boat club, you should contact the membership director of each club you’re interested in.
Shop around and compare the prices, features, and boat selection of each club. Make sure you consider the location of the club when making your final decision.
Shelby Sullivan is our specialist when it comes to pontoon boats and recreational watercraft. She is often found sailing the freshwater lakes of Michigan. She is also a light-traveler who enjoys camping and traveling the world. Read more about Shelby here.