Looking for a new motorhome can be incredibly daunting and challenging, especially with the many available brand options.
Chinook is one of the best motorhome brands you should consider to purchase a new RV that displays luxury, versatility, and affordability.
With decades of experience in the motorhome industry, Chinook is a leader in innovation and provides an array of motorhome options from which you can choose. Yet, it’s likely that you have a few questions about the brand that you want to be answered before you’re ready to commit.
That’s why we have sourced the answers to a few of the most pertinent questions about Chinook RVs so that you can make an educated decision:
Here’s The Answer To If Chinook Motorhomes Come With A Warranty:
The Chinook warranty that is offered on motorhomes has changed under new ownership. The warranty currently provided is a one-year limited warranty. The warranty covers substantial defects, materials, and workmanship faults that interfere with performance and function.
1. Where Are Chinook RVs Made?
Interestingly, when the brand came under new ownership, Chinook motorhomes were manufactured in one of two places.
After much deliberation, the new owner of this brand ultimately chose to have all new Chinook models produced at a facility in Elhart, Indiana, instead of at a facility in Country Coach in Junction City, Oregon.
2. Who Owns the Chinook Company?
The Chinook motorhome company has a reputation for excellence and innovation.
They produce some of the very best motorhomes in the industry and are renowned for manufacturing some of the most recognizable Class B motorhomes for over 60 years. This brand was founded in 1938 and was known as Mair & Son before becoming known as Chinook, and it wasn’t until the 1950s that they started mass producing motorhomes.
In 2011 Lukehart made it known that he had kept the manufacturing equipment on his farm for a time when someone would want to take up the Chinook mantle and return the company to its former glory. Little did he know that this wish would happen a few years later, in 2013.
The brand’s resurgence occurred when RV dealership owner and entrepreneur Phil Rizzo bought the company from Lukehart and began working to make an impactful comeback.
Although it took many years, Chinook began manufacturing motorhomes again in 2019, much to the delight of RVers looking for models they could trust.
3. What Types & Sizes of RVs Do Chinook Produce?
The Chinook motorhome brand manufactures Class B RVs, Class B+, travel trailers, and toy haulers.
Although they don’t have an extensive RV product line, the motorhomes they make are versatile with a range of different floorplans and size options.
When you purchase a Chinook motorhome, you are guaranteed a product that is going to be durable.
Class B Motorhomes:
- 2022 Bayside DB
- This class B motorhome can sleep two people, and it can sleep up to two people.
- Additionally, it has a length of 19 feet, and it features an AWD option that will allow you to take your travels off-road.
Class B+ Motorhomes:
- 2022 Summit TS
- The Summit TS can sleep up to two people, and it has an overall length of approximately 23 feet.
- It also has a quad-four-point leveling system and a private bathroom.
- 2020 Trail Wagon 18AFE
- This toy hauler can sleep up to two people.
- It has a length of 18 feet and 9 inches, an exterior height of 10 feet and 8 inches, a gross vehicle weight rating of 6,750 pounds, and an interior cargo length of 12 feet and 2 inches.
- 2021 RPM 21FKLE
- This toy hauler sleeps up to four people.
- It has an impressive length of 24 feet and 8 inches, an exterior width of 8 feet and four inches, an exterior height of 12 feet and 4 inches, and a gross vehicle weight rating of 10,160 pounds.
- Additionally, this model has a 16-foot long garage and a cargo-carrying capacity of 5,110 pounds.
- 2021 Dream D178QB
- The 2021 Dream D178QB can sleep up to three people.
- It has an overall length of 21 feet and 5 inches, an unloaded vehicle weight rating of 3,560 pounds, and an exterior shower with a 45-gallon freshwater tank.
4. Does Chinhook Make a Toy Hauler?
Contrary to what many believe, Chinook does make a few different toy haulers, as we mentioned above.
The brand is well known for creating quality toy haulers that are durable, comfortable, and affordable.
Yet were you aware that one of the toy hauler lines they make is wholly unique? Not only is its appearance unlike any other brand’s toy hauler, but it features innovative technology not seen anywhere else.
Below we have had a closer look at the Trail Wagon, including its unique construction, features, and capabilities:
Chinook Trail Wagon:
The Trail Wagon toy haulers are luxurious yet durable with an array of industry-first technological features.
These motorhomes have a fully bonded automotive-style construction which is why they resemble a hitched Class B motorhome. What exactly are the innovative technological features you can expect to see with this motorhome?
The Trail Wagon toy hauler is equipped with a remote-controlled electric ramp door, an industry-leading tie-down system situated in the sidewalls and the floors, and an industry-first drop-down electric queen-sized bed that doubles as sofa seating.
Additionally, this Chinook toy hauler also features a wireless camera system that covers the interior and exterior, a 30 amp detachable power cord, and two 110-watt roof-mounted solar panels.
Chinook’s Trail Wagon toy haulers are also equipped with LED dimmable ceiling lights, a Multi-Plex ASA in command system, overhead cabinetry, window shades, and a power distribution center.
5. What Are the Smallest RVs from Chinook?
If you seek an RV brand that has smaller-sized motorhomes, you will be pleased to learn that Chinook offers a few smaller-sized RVs.
Below we have briefly spoken about two of the smallest options you have available if you’re looking for a small motorhome for your adventurous travels:
- 2022 Chinook Bayside DB.
- 2022 Chinook Dream DH175
- 2022 Chinook Dream D177RD.
6. What Are the Biggest RVs from Chinook?
Although Chinook has an array of smaller-sized motorhomes, it doesn’t mean they only manufacture small RVs.
They have a few larger ones that are ideal for families and groups of friends who want to embark on camping excursions together.
Should you be interested in learning about two of the biggest Chinook motorhomes available at present, have a look below:
- 2022 Chinook Summit TS
- 2022 Chinook Dream 26BH
- 2022 Chinook Trail Wago 21TFE
7. Are Chinook RVs For All Four Seasons?
The Chinook motorhome company has one particular Class B+ model specifically designed and constructed to be utilized during all four seasons.
The 2022 Summit TS is a true four-season Truma Certified Class B+ RV with various features that make camping year-round comfortable and enjoyable. This motorhome is equipped with superior insulation, heating, and cooling features, some of which we have briefly listed below.
Please look at our list to learn about the features that make the Summit TS a true four-season RV:
2022 Summit TS
- A lithium battery.
- A 2,000-watt inverter with a charger.
- An 11,000 BTU air conditioner.
- Two 6V group AGM house batteries.
- An AWD drive option.
- In-dash GPS unit.
- Steel tubing.
- Flooring with Hushmat Thermo and moisture barrier on its bottom.
- Dual-pane frameless windows.
- A truss-style aluminum rafter roof that is insulated with rolled fiberglass insulation.
- Gol level certification from Truma for flooring and sidewall insulation.