If you’re looking for a motorhome that favors innovation and excels in quality construction and durable materials, you might want to consider Highland Ridge.
The Highland Ridge company is an established motorhome brand with a large fan base of loyal consumers who continuously praise the brand. When looking for a new motorhome Highland Ridge is an RV company that many consider in their list of top motorhome brands.
However, it’s crucial to know all you can about a company before purchasing one of its products, especially if it’s a motorhome that will be an investment item.
You Can Get Schematics For A Highland Ridge Trailer From The Company:
Highland Ridge doesn’t make any of their fifth wheel, travel trailer, or toy hauler schematics available for public distribution. Should you have a technical question about a trailer you own or are looking at purchasing, you can contact a dealership or the Highland Ridge website for answers.
1. Where Are Highland Ridge RVs Made?
As of 2021, the Highland Ridge RV company is based in the state of Indiana.
Although Highland Ridge is a subsidiary of Jayco, it operates its own servicing and warranty group, managing and leadership teams, and manufacturing and production facilities.
Many motorhome manufacturers recommend clients consider undertaking a factory tour before deciding to purchase a specific motorhome model. By doing this, you are ensuring you know exactly what you are buying, from the materials used in the construction to how the motorhome is precisely made.
The Highland Ridge motorhome company luckily runs factory tours for interested parties. The tours operate only on Tuesdays at 15:00, but you cannot walk in and hope for a tour as they run tours only by appointments currently.
Should you not wish to visit a tour in person, you are in luck as the Highland Ridge company offers a full virtual tour on their website.
2. Who Owns the Highland Ridge Company?
As with many notable motorhome manufacturers, the Highland Ridge RV company began its journey under a different name.
Before the company was known as Highland Ridge, it manufactured products under the name Open Range. The Open Range company was founded in 2007 when it began manufacturing towable motorhomes.
However, after a few years of success in the RV market, the company ultimately decided to become a subsidiary of the well-known RV company Jayco in 2014.
After Jayco acquired the company, it was rebranded as highland Ridge RVs, a name now associated with innovation and service excellence.
In essence, Highland Ridge was founded as a company that would provide customers with a product that utilized advanced technologies in its construction processes to give clients a more affordable and durable product line to choose from.
In June 2016, Jayco was purchased by Thor industries, the largest RV manufacturer in North America. After the acquisition, Jayco and Highland Ridge became subsidiaries of Thor.
3. What Types and Sizes of RVs Do Highland Ridge Produce?
When you want to purchase a towable motorhome, you likely want a product that will last you many years and take you on many adventures.
The Highland Ridge RV company manufacturer quality, durable travel trailers, fifth wheels, and toy haulers.
They, however, do not manufacture Class A, B, or C motorhomes, nor do they manufacture truck campers or pop-up campers.
Should you be interested in discovering the various sizes each category has, you can look at the brief list we have compiled for you:
- Toy Haulers: 39 feet and 4 inches with a gross vehicle weight rating of 16850 to 42 feet and 2 inches with a gross vehicle weight rating of 18000 pounds.
- Travel Trailers: 23 feet and 8 inches with a gross vehicle weight rating of 6400 pounds to 37 feet and 5 inches with a gross vehicle weight rating of 9500 pounds.
- Fifth Wheels: 31 feet and 11 inches with a gross vehicle weight rating of 11500 pounds to 41 feet and 7 inches with a gross vehicle weight rating of 15500 pounds.
4. Do Highland Ridge Make a Toy Hauler?
You will likely be pleased to learn that the Highland Ridge motorhome company does manufacture toy haulers.
If you are wondering about the specs one of their toy hauler models possesses, you can look at the Silverstar THX model:
Silverstar THX SF350H Specifications:
- This model has a hitch weight of approximately 2905 pounds.
- The exterior length of this toy hauler is 39 feet and 4 inches, making it uber spacious.
- The overall interior height of the SF350H is 98 inches.
- It has a hefty gross vehicle weight rating of around 16850 pounds.
- 13.5k non-ducted garage air conditioning system.
- 13.5k BTU ducted airconditioning system in the living area of the motorhome.
- 23 cubic feet residential-sized fridge freezer combo.
- 100-gallon freshwater tank capacity.
- Four seasons package for all-season travel.
5. What Are the Smallest RVs from Highland Ridge?
Smaller RVs are compact, cozy, and easy to maneuver.
They are also convenient as you can use a smaller motorhome for all types of travel and won’t have to worry about being turned away because your rig is too big at national parks. Some families and individuals prefer smaller motorhomes as they are often more affordable and easier to set up when traveling or camping.
If you are looking to buy yourself a new smaller towable RV, then Highland Ridge could be an ideal brand option. The company has a range of smaller-sized RVs that could suit your budget and your needs.
Best of all, you can be guaranteed each model is innovatively designed and constructed to last:
- Toy Hauler: Silverstar THX SF350H – 39 feet and 4 inches with a hitching weight of 2905 pounds.
- Travel Trailer: Light LT 290RLS – 33 feet and 5 inches with a hitching weight of 830 pounds.
- Fifth Wheel: Roamer RF264RLS – 31 feet and 11 inches with a hitching weight of 1670 pounds.
In this case, the Roamer is the smallest in the lineup!
6. What Are the Biggest RVs from Highland Ridge?
Statistically, more users turn to motorhome living and adventure because accommodation costs are often too expensive for families to enjoy a long vacation.
Larger RVs are usually the go-to option for bigger families and individuals who have decided to participate in RV living.
Many of the biggest Highland Ridge motorhomes are perfect for those needing space to live together while on holiday or for those who decide to make their dream of living out on the road a reality.
Should you want to learn what the biggest models available are in each category, you can look at our list:
- Toy Hauler: Silverstar THX SF383H – 42 feet and 2 inches with a hitching weight of 2905 pounds.
- Travel Trailer: Mesa Ridge Limited MR331BHS – 37 feet and 5 inches with a hitching weight of 900 pounds.
- Fifth Wheel: Open Range OF378RBS – 41 feet and 7 inches with a hitching weight of 2490 pounds.
In this case, the Silverstar Toy Hauler is still the largest in the lineup!
7. What Are The Most Popular RVs by Highland Ridge?
Highland Ridge is arguably one of the most popular RV manufacturers in the motorhome market currently.
With more than 15 years of experience in the industry, they have come a long way to providing consumers innovative floorplans backed by premium quality construction practices. Due to this, the brand has had many popular models in the past few years and continues to have a range of popular models and floorplans.
Learning the popular brands can take quite some time out of your day, so to make the process much easier for you, we have listed three popular models in the company manufacturers to streamline your hunt for a new motorhome.
If you are looking to purchase a popular model, one of these could be the perfect fit for your budget and requirements.
- Toy Hauler: Silverstar THX SF327G
- Travel Trailer: Silverstar Limited ST312BHS
- Fifth Wheel: Mesa Ridge XLT MF364BHS
8. Are Highland Ridge RVs For All Four Seasons?
Finding a quality four-season capable motorhome to buy can be slightly challenging, especially with the numerous brands available in the RV market currently.
An all-season motorhome provides RVers with the freedom they need and desire. You shouldn’t be limited to where you want to live or travel year-round. Owning a four-season motorhome will allow you to camp or live full time in extremely cold or hot conditions. Though you will need to check local opening times for campgrounds and RV parks (Here’s a link to opening dates for Alabama campgrounds.)
Fortunately, all those considering buying a Highland Ridge motorhome as their next investment can do so with the full confidence that many of their models possess four-season capabilities.
For many years Highland Ridge has been one of the leading all-season towable motorhome providers. The companies Open Range fifth wheel and travel trailer models are top-rated amongst RVers who want an exceptional four-season RV.
To provide you with an accurate idea of what you should expect from a four-season RV from Highland Ridge, we have listed a few of the all-season specs some of the Open Range Fifth Wheel models come with below.
2020 Highland Ridge Open Range Fifth Wheel All Season Specs:
- Baggage doors that are double insulated.
- Fully enclosed and heated underbelly.
- Incredible high-performance furnace.
- R-9 insulation rating for the motorhome sidewalls.
- R-38 rating reflective foil insulation in both the underbelly and ceiling.
- A heated storage area.
- Underbelly has ducted heat with a cold air return system.
- PVC roofing that comes with a 15-year warranty.