For years Jayco has been a well-known brand in the Rv industry.
The company has one of the biggest ranges of different motorhome types.
Although you might know a fair bit about Jayco with its exemplary reputation, there is likely a lot you don’t know about the brand.
Buying a new RV is an exciting time, but it can be fairly challenging determining which motorhome brand to go with, which is why we have put together this list of nine facts we think you should know about Jayco.
Here Is The Answer To If Jayco Builds Customized Motorhomes:
The Jayco RV company does not build customizable motorhomes; their RVs are manufactured on an assembly line. Jayco’s models follow strict floorplans, and although customization can’t be done, customers can add on any of the optional extras that Jayco has for each model.
1. Where Are Jayco RVs Made?
The Jayco RV company manufactures their full line of motorhomes at their headquarters in Middlebury, Indiana, in America.
The company markets and sells its RVs nationwide with a network of almost 300 dealers.
Interestingly, some might not know that the Amish community of Elkhart county works for Jayco. Its common knowledge that the Amish are not allowed to drive, but there are no rules against them manufacturing motorhomes.
These highly skilled craftsmen work on many of the motorhomes that the company produces.
2. Who Owns the Jayco Company?
In the 1960s, Lloyd and Bertha Bontrager founded the Jayco company.
Ever since then, the company has achieved great success and established itself as a household name.
Over the decades, Jayco continuously introduced innovative features with their motorhomes. They were even the first in the industry to create a fifth wheel that allowed occupants to stand in the front bedroom.
They were also the very first to offer a surround sound system in each of their models.
In 2016 the Jayco company was purchased by Thor Industries for an estimated $576 million. Jayco thus became a subsidiary of Thor wholly owned by the company.
However, none of the senior management changed, nor did the family-owned company’s ideals.
3. What Types and Sizes of RVs Do Jayco Produce?
The company manufactures travel trailers, toy haulers, fifth wheels, and Class A, B, and C motorhomes.
With such a large variety, we will look at three of the RV categories they produce:
Class A: 2021 Precept 36A
If you’re looking for a mid-size RV that is fairly affordable, then the 2021 Precept could be the ideal choice for you.
This model has an estimated starting price of roughly $173000 and can sleep at least 4, depending on the floor plan you choose.
With an exterior length of 38 feet 10 inches, there is sufficient space for your daily needs. It has a spacious kitchen with a residential-sized fridge, dual sink in the kitchen countertops, a stove, a convection oven, and a washer/dryer option.
This Class A by Jayco features two full bathrooms with a large shower in each, a residential-style toilet, and a washbasin. There is also plenty of bathroom cupboard space for all your accessories.
It has a large king-size bed in the main bedroom, a wardrobe, and a tv cabinet. The lounge area features a tri-fold sofa with an overhead cabinet.
Beside the lounge is a booth shaped dinette area that can seat up to four people. Moreover, there is also a bunkhouse with each bunk bed compartment featuring its own tv.
Class B: 2021 Swift 20A
If your looking for an RV that’s easy to drive, simple yet comfortable, and has many amenities, then the 2021 Swift 20A could be worth considering.
It might seem somewhat unbelievable, but this campervan comes with a rear kitchen lounge that has a pantry !
The countertop space, although limited, is adequate for the number of people this motorhome can accommodate. The kitchen area has a stove, a sink, and a 5.3 cubic foot refrigerator making cooking a simple endeavor while on the road.
Across from the kitchen is the lounge area that features a sofa that transforms into the van’s two extended bed.
In terms of entertainment, you will have an LED television. This compact campervan also comes with a wet bath area with a toilet and a shower!
Class C: 2021 Melbourne 24K
The 2021 Melbourne Class C is the perfect in-between for those who want a spacious RV that is still easy to maneuver while traveling.
Additionally, these models have an attractive price point of an estimated $125,000 for a brand new model.
With the Melbourne 24K floorplan, the bedroom is located at the rear of the motorhome. Inside the bedroom, you will find a large queen-sized bed, overhead cabinet, and wardrobes on either side of the bed and the side of the bedroom.
The living room is situated near the motorhome and has a front entertainment center and theatre seating so you can enjoy a lazy day indoors watching the TV. The dinette area features plenty of space for everyone to sit and enjoy their meals.
Across from the dinette is the lovely, well-designed kitchen. With a flip-up counter, you will have extra space to prepare all your meals.
Moreover, the kitchen has an 8 cubic foot fridge, a stove, and a microwave.
If you want an RV that’s is ready to hit the road from the get-go, then the Melbourne 24K could be perfect.
4. Does Jayco Make a Toy Hauler?
Yes, Jayco does make toy haulers, and below we will look at one of their toy haulers so that you have an idea of what they offer:
Toy Hauler: 2021 Jay Flight Octane 255
If there is one thing that Jayco manufactures exceptionally well, it is toy haulers.
The Jay Flight Octane 255 has the added benefit of being exceptionally lightweight with attractive features and the capacity to haul all your outdoor toys.
These toy haulers usually retail for approximately $40,000 brand new, which is incredibly reasonable for what you receive.
The cargo area is 6 feet 10 inches long, but the total garage area is 14 feet and 8 inches long.
Despite the kitchen area being quite small, it comes equipped with everything you could need. There is a spacious kitchen counter with a sink, a microwave, and an 8 cubic foot fridge.
Across from the kitchen is a flip-up bar top with stools so you can comfortably enjoy your morning breakfast alone or with a friend.
The bedroom is large enough for you not to feel cramped with a queen-sized bed, windows for fresh air, and bedside tables for all your cellular appliances and accessories. The lounge has plenty of cabinetry, and the bedroom features a large shelf.
The bathroom is across from the bedroom and is not too small or too big for the layout. There is a corner shower, toilet, and basin with a medicine cabinet.
With all the basics covered, you will be ready for your next adventure with the Jayco Jay Flight Octane 255 toy hauler.
5. What Are the Smallest RVs from Jayco?
Jayco RVs have several small motorhomes.
We will look at a few of the smallest RVs they manufacture in each RV category:
- Class A: 2021 Alante 26X – This Class A is the most compact class that Jayco manufactures. The Alante 26X has 28 feet and 5 inches with an interior height of 84 inches.
- Class B: 2021 Swift 20A – One of the smallest models you can’t from Jayco that isn’t towable is the 2021 Swift 20A campervan. This RV has a length of 20 feet and 11 inches and has an interior height of 74 inches.
- Class C: 2021 Redhawk SE 22A – This class C is relatively compact with a length of 25 feet and 2 inches and an interior living area height of 84 inches.
- Fifth Wheel: 2021 Eagle 24RD – This fifth wheel has a length of 29 feet and 2 inches with an interior height of 8 feet and 4 inches in the living room.
- Toy Hauler: 2021 Jayco Flight Octane 222 – This toy hauler measures 26 feet and 6 inches with an interior living room height of a spacious 7 feet and 5 inches.
- Travel Trailer: 2021 Jay Feather Micro 12SRK – This model is the smallest offered by the brand, with a length of 13 feet and 4 inches. It also has an interior height of 4 feet and 7 inches.
6. What Are the Biggest RVs from Jayco?
As with many RV manufacturers, Jayco also manufactures some large motorhomes for those who require more space for traveling or full-time RV living.
If you’re wondering what the largest models in each category are, have a look at the list below:
- Class A: 2021 Embark 39T2 – This model by Jayco is the largest class A on offer, with a length of 39 feet and 11 inches. Inside, the interior height measures 84 inches.
- Class C: 2021 Seneca Prestige 37K – One of the largest Class C models available from Jayco is their Seneca Prestige 37K. This model measures 39 feet and 4 inches with an interior living room height of 84 inches.
- Fifth Wheel: 2021 Noth Point 387RDFS – Te largest fifth wheel offered by Jayco is the North Point. This model has a length of 43 feet and 3 inches with an interior living room height of 6 feet and 6 inches.
- Toy Hauler: 2021 Seismic 4125 – This toy hauler is incredibly long, with 45 feet and 7 inches. There is plenty of space for all the outdoor goodies. Inside the living room, you will have an interior height of 8 feet and 3 inches.
- Travel Trailer: 2021 Eagle 334RLOK – With a length of 40 feet and 1 inch, this travel trailer is one of the largest models on offer in the travel trailer category by Jayco. The interior height is 7 feet and 3 inches with plenty of headroom.
7. How Are Jayco RVs Made?
To help you decide if a new Jayco RV is right for you, we have briefly shown the process of how Jayco manufactures a towable motorhome:
The first part of Jayco’s manufacturing process is building the frame.
They will custom build the frame for each floorplan, and once the frame is complete, they will then build the flooring.
The flooring is made from core wood, and artisans will install tongue and groove plywood on top of this wooden flooring.
Once this is complete, a solid foundation is ready for the next part of the process.
Next, the propane lines, wiring, holding tanks, fiberglass insulation, and underbelly cover are installed, allowing Jayco to continue with the axles, tires, rims, and stabilizer jacks.
This enables the craftsmen down the line to move the unit more easily.
The walls are installed after all cabinetry has been completed.
Insulation is then added directly to the interior wall panels after the framing has been done.
After completing the walls, the roofing is started with fiberglass insulation, wiring, and plywood decking.
Jayco’s Magnum Truss roof is then installed to ensure a more airtight and durable roofing structure, covered with a one-piece rubber membrane for extra moisture and leak protection.
Jayco implements 29 function tests as the last step to determine that all propane, water, and electric systems are for the buyer’s safety and comfort.
8. What Are The Most Popular RVs by Jayco?
As the Jayco company has been around for more than 50 years, there are quite a few popular RVs that they produce.
We have narrowed the considerable list down to three of the most popular RV models that Jayco manufactures:
- Travel Trailer: Jayco Jay Flight
- Fifth Wheel: Eagle
- Toy Hauler: Talon
9. Are Jayco RVs For All Four Seasons?
Jayco designs many of their models to be deemed capable of withstanding all four seasons in a year.
Besides the quality material and the innovative engineering process that goes into constructing their models, Jayco outfits most of its motorhomes with features that make them truly four seasonal.
Below we will look at a Jayco fifth-wheel model’s specs to demonstrate its weather capabilities:
Fifth Wheel: 2021 Eagle Weather Specs:
With many of Jaycos motorhome models, they offer a range of standard features and optional extras.
We will examine the standard weather features below:
- Vacuum bonded and laminated gel-coated fiberglass exterior, which provides excellent insulation.
- Climate Shield technology has been tested at zero degree temperatures.
- 350000 BTU furnace
- Double layer fiberglass bat insulation in the ceiling and floors to ensure retainment of warmth.
- 15000 BTU whisper quiet air conditioning unit with directional and closeable vents.
- 6-gallon gas or electric water heater.