Purchasing a new motorhome can be an incredibly daunting task, especially if you don’t know much bout the brand you’re interested in.
KZ RVs is one of the more popular towable motorhome brands in the RV industry.
Many people choose KZ motorhomes due to their reputation of quality and their broad product variety to fit most budgets.
We have put together nine facts we think you should know about KZ RVs:
Here’s The Answer To If KZ RVs Manufacture A Luxury Motorhome:
The KZ RV company manufactures a luxury fifth wheel known as the Durango Gold. This motorhome offers a luxurious interior decor theme that sets it apart. Additionally, the Durango comes with many grand features such as solar prep, a waterfall faucet in the bathroom, and massage theatre seating.
1. Where Are KZ RVs Made?
The KZ RV company motorhomes are produced within Northern Indiana’s Amish Country.
The companies headquarters is located in Shipshewana, Indiana, in America, and you can request a tour if you should like to find out more about how the motorhomes are constructed.
2. Who Owns the KZ Company?
Daryl Zook founded the company in 1972.
The company is currently well known for its quality products, and now the motorhome business runs from a 450,000 square foot complex facility in Shipshewana, Indiana.
In 2014 the massive motorhome manufacturing company Thor Industries bought KZ RVs for a cash purchase of an estimated 53.4 million dollars and thus became a subsidiary of Thor Industries.
Founder Daryl Zook who is also the chief executive officer of KZ, welcomed becoming a subsidiary of Thor.
He believed the change of ownership would take KZ RVs to the next level and allow the company to retain its quality standards and its core values.
3. What Types and Sizes of RVs Do KZ Produce?
If you’re in the market for a quality towable motorhome, then you’re in luck as KZ RVs manufactures a wide range of different towable RVs.
Currently, they manufacture toy haulers, travel trailers, and fifth wheels with several brands in each category.
We know it can be hard deciding on a motorhome as it is often an investment and a decision that takes careful consideration.
To help you determine if KZ RVs is the right motorhome manufacturer for you, we have listed three examples of what you can expect from the company.
Toy Hauler: Sportster 270THR
Toy haulers are ideal for anyone looking to take all their outdoor toys with them when they travel.
If you want a toy hauler with a spacious garage and a modern, sophisticated and comfortable living area, then the Sportster 270THR could be worth your consideration.
This toy hauler is 30 feet and 8 inches long with an interior height of 90 inches and a gross vehicle weight rating of 10,000 pounds.
In addition to the garage, which has an 88-inch by 88-inch ramp door, you will also have a pass-through storage area and Tuff Ply flooring in the garage.
Below are a few notable features that the Sportster 270THR offers:
- A handy outdoor shower with both hot and cold water faucets.
- One 15000 BTU airconditioning system and a second 13500 BTU air conditioner.
- Safe self-adjusting brake system.
- Modern kitchen appliances including an oven, microwave, and fridge.
- LED lighting features.
- Queen size mattress in the main bedroom.
Travel Trailer: Escape E14
Travel trailers are convenient for those looking to make frequent camping trips.
Should you require a lightweight travel trailer that is affordable yet comfortable, then the Escape E14 might be ideal for you.
This travel trailer can easily be considered one of the most versatile and innovative motorhomes available currently on the market.
Not only does it have comfortable living quarters, but it is also able to load almost anything you might need while on vacation, including kayaks and bicycles.
The Escape E14 is the 2021 top RV debut and was rated the best new model for 2021. This motorhome has a length of 15 feet and 3 inches and an interior height of 78 inches, with much to offer.
There are many more features that this travel trailer has that contributed to its 2021 awards, and we will look at them below:
- You can choose to have an off-grid/ Off-road package added on.
- Aqualon marine fabric is utilized on the interior furnishings to ensure cooler fabric. (KZ is the only manufacturer using this specific material.)
- Large 8 cubic foot refrigerator.
- 12-year warranty on the “Alum-a-Tough Roofing.”
- Gorgeous modern look linoleum throughout the travel trailer.
Fifth Wheel: Venom 3911TK
Are you perhaps looking for a luxury RV that comes with a cargo area and a spacious, elegant, and modern interior?
If so, then it would be best to consider the Venom 3911TK by KZ RVs. Fifth wheel motorhomes are perfect for anyone looking for an on the road home away from home.
This motorhome is incredibly spacious, with a length of almost 43 feet and an interior height of 102 inches.
The Venom 3911TK doesn’t only offer luxury features; it is also astoundingly versatile, with the cargo area having numerous capabilities. You can opt to have your garage as is for all your outdoor toys, or you can transform it into an entertaining lounge area.
Additionally, it can also be a large bedroom with an optional seat and sleep bed.
If your someone who prefers living off-grid wherever possible, then the optional solar package will interest you. Moreover, the Venom 3911TK utilizes a fully vented attic system that will ensure no unwanted moisture accumulates in your motorhome.
Besides these incredible features, there are a few more that this luxury fifth wheel processes that are worth mentioning:
- 35000 BTU furnace
- Three whisper-quiet 15000 BTU air conditioners.
- All-weather insulation package.
- PEX heated waterlines and kitchen gray pipes.
- Extra-large solid surface bath vanity that comes with a stainless steel sink.
4. Do KZ Make a Toy Hauler?
Yes, the KZ company does manufacture a toy hauler.
They have six different toy hauler brands, which we will briefly list below:
- Venom V Series
- Sportsmen Classic
- Sportsmen LE
5. What Are the Smallest RVs from KZ?
With a large variety of towable motorhomes, KZ RVs have many small RVs.
Smaller motorhomes are often lightweight, easier to hitch, more maneuverable, and compact.
The smallest motorhomes might appeal to you if you travel alone frequently or if your small family is looking to travel occasionally.
Additionally, smaller RVs can be ideal for full-time RV living as well.
Below are a few of the smallest KZ motorhomes on offer and available for purchase:
- Toy Hauler: Sportsmen Classic 100SB – This toy hauler is only 13 feet and 2 inches long with an interior height of 78 inches.
- Travel Trailer: Escape E14 Hatch – This travel trailer is only 15 feet and 3 inches long with an interior height measurement of 78 inches.
- Fifth Wheel: Durango Half-Ton D230RKD – The Durango Half-Ton is 26 feet and 9 inches long with an exterior height of 12 feet and 1 inch.
6. What Are the Biggest RVs from KZ?
Larger motorhomes are a favorite for many people as they provide space and are usually packed with many innovative features.
The KZ company has quite a few big RVs available, so if you’re looking for a spacious new abode, why not consider them.
With the extensive range of towables available, you’re likely to find one that will suit your needs and your budget without you having to sacrifice on quality.
See below a few of the biggest models on offer by the KZ company:
- Toy Hauler: Sportster 301THR – This toy hauler has a length of 35 feet and 10 inches with an interior height of 90 inches.
- Travel Trailer: Sportsmen 364BH – The Sportsmen 364BH is one of the largest travel trailers with a length of 41 feet and 2 inches and an interior height of 82 inches.
- Fifth Wheel: Durango Gold G391RKQ – This fifth wheel is 42 feet and 5 inches long with an interior height of 80 inches.
7. How Are KZ RVs Made?
KZ RVs are constructed with two unique features that set them apart from their competition.
We’re going to have a brief look into the two features so that you have an idea of what to expect from the construction.
NXG Slide Technology
The KZ company utilizes NXG slide technology for their motorhome products that have slide outs.
The company decided to switch to this technology as it is a new innovative standard in slide-out technology. This technology allows for unmatched precision and durability and will ensure your motorhomes slides function correctly for years to come.
Previously the older slide technology presented a few issues, but with NXG, all the mechanisms are individually coated with an incredibly potent corrosion-resistant plating.
This means that all required maintenance is limited now to occasional cleaning and lubrication, saving you time and money.
Overall the new technology allows the slides in a KZ motorhome to stand the test of time regardless of where your camping travels take you.
NXG Frame Technology
The next-generation frame technology is currently pending several U.S. patents and is developed by the KZ RV company.
This frame technology is said to be superior and engineered to an incredibly high standard. The framing gives customers a durable yet lightweight foundation that is consistent when built upon.
Below are some of the noteworthy factors that the framing eliminates in order to provide a superior frame technology:
- Prevents mechanical failures associated with substandard steel.
- Creates even main rails with varying cambers.
- Stops paint from peeling and rusting often caused by incorrect washing practices.
- Prevents most construction issues associated with improperly placed components on the framework of a motorhome.
8. What Are The Most Popular RVs by KZ?
With more than 40 years in the recreational vehicle industry, KZ RVs has several incredibly popular brands and models.
Many people have favored this brand for years because of the quality they provide and because they are constantly striving towards innovation when manufacturing new motorhomes.
Over the years, a few of the KZ company’s brands have become increasingly popular, and we’re going to have a look at three of them below:
- Venom V-Series V3313TK
- Connect SE C191MBSE
- Sportsman Classic 100RK
9. Are KZ RVs For All Four Seasons?
Every person looking into purchasing a motorhome will usually wonder if they need a four-season RV.
The answer to this will mostly depend on your needs and if you plan on using your motorhome year-round for travels or if you will be living in it full time.
Either way, it’s important to establish if you want a four-season RV so that you can enquire if the company you’re interested in produces all-season recreational vehicles.
KZ RVs do fairly well in all conditions due to their construction; however, if you want your KZ motorhome to be truly four seasonal, you will have to purchase a climate package add-on.
Connect Travel Trailer All-Season Features
- Comes with an insulated roof.
- Has an insulated underbelly and floor.
- The front and rear walls are fully insulated.
- KZ RVs provide laminated sidewalls that utilize solid block insulation.
- The company offers a 20-year warranty of its Tufflex sing piece seamless PVC roof membrane.
- They offer a climate package (add on) that provides better insulation with better R ratings.