For most, the experience of purchasing a new motorhome is exciting, but it can also be incredibly overwhelming.
The Palomino motorhome company has increasingly become an in-demand RV manufacturer.
We’ve found eight facts about Palomino that we think you should know before selecting an RV from their range.
Here’s The Answer To How Many RV Brands Palomino Manufactures:
Palomino motorhomes manufacture quite an extensive range of recreational vehicles. To date, they currently have 14 different brands encompassing several different motorhome types. Some of the brands include River Ranch, Revolve, Solaire Ultra-Lite, and Columbus.
1. Where Are Palomino RVs Made?
The Palomino motorhome brand has a few manufacturing facilities in North America.
These facilities are located in Colon, Michigan, Middlebury, Indiana, and Goshen, Indiana.
Moreover, the company allows factory tours, with one of the most sought after being the truck camper manufacturing facility. For more information on scheduled tours and postponements due to the current pandemic, you will need to contact the company directly.
2. Who Owns the Palomino Company?
Interestingly Palomino motorhomes were founded in 1968 by Vern Landey and his company Vanguard Industries.
After successfully running a company specializing in tent trailer distribution for many years, Landey decided in 1968 to branch out into camping trailer construction.
His dream was to introduce to the RV industry motorhomes designed and produced to a higher standard of quality than what was available at the time. The design that Landey began producing was the Palomino pop up tent trailers.
In 1972 Landy moved his entire operation to Colon, Michigan, as he felt the company was growing to such an extent that it would be beneficial to manufacture RVs near industry suppliers in Elkhart, Indiana.
In 1976 and 1978, the company further benched out into metal fabrication and created its own needle division. In 1992 the 1993 Palomino model was manufactured.
Straight through to 1998, the company continued to grow and expand with new trailer models.
However, change was on the horizon, and in 2002 Vanguard Industries was bought by the largest RV manufacturer in North America, Forest River Inc.
The purchase allowed the Palimino brand to rapidly experience exponential growth, with many new models being designed and manufactured. In 2005 another monumental change occurred when Berkshire Hathaway bought forest River Inc.
As Palimino is a Forest River Inc division, Berkshire Hathaway ultimately owns the Palomino brand.
3. What Types and Sizes of RVs Do Palomino Produce?
With a broad range of recreational vehicles on offer, you are almost guaranteed to find an RV that suits your interest.
The Palomino brand manufactures truck campers, fifth wheels, toy haulers, destination trailers, and travel trailers.
That’s why we have written a few examples of the Palomino motorhomes to give you a better impression of what the brand offers its customers:
Travel Trailer – PaloMini 186RBS Specs
The PaloMini 186RBS is one of the smaller models that the brand has on offer.
This travel trailer is compact yet comes with many of the features and amenities you would require while on a family vacation or camping trip.
At 21 feet and 9 inches long with a hitch weight of 505 pounds and a gross vehicle weight of 4,905 pounds, the PaloMini 186RBS is easy to travel with.
The floorplan is simple yet functional with a moderate-sized bathroom, small dinette area, and kitchen. Inside the kitchen, you will see a microwave, refrigerator, and stove, as well as a pantry. The lounge has a two-seater sofa with a fold-out Murphy bed.
The entire space is open plan, which allows the occupants to roam about without feeling cooped in or cramped.
If you decide to select this model, you will receive a host of quality standard features such as maple wood cabinetry that is hand-glazed, LED interior lighting, and a fully laminated walkable roof.
Besides these features, the travel trailer has many other notable features that we will briefly look at below:
- Superior quality motorhome with 5 sided vacuum bonded construction.
- Fuel efficient due to lightweight construction.
- 13500 BTU roof air conditioner for climate control.
- 20000 BTU furnace.
- Glass windows that are tinted for safety purposes.
Fifth Wheel – Columbus 329DVC Specs
Should you be interested in a motorhome with a distinctly residential feel, then the Columbus 329DVc could be worth considering.
This fifth wheel has a hitch weight of 2086 pounds and a gross weight of 14457 pounds. In terms of length, the RV is 38 feet and 1 inch long.
Among the many features this fifth wheel offers, you can choose to add several optional extras. For example, you can choose to include a washer and dryer, a 5.5 generator installation, dual pane windows, and an 18 cubic foot refrigerator.
Alongside the kitchen is a lounge area that has two recliners and a two-seater sofa. Across from the recliners is a LED television, and to keep you cool along with the air conditioner, there is also a ceiling fan.
This model also has a decent sized bathroom with a shower, toilet, and dual wash hand basins.
Although these are some incredible features, there are a few more impressive attributes that this fifth wheel has, and we have listed them below:
- 35000 BTU furnace.
- 10-gallon water heater with a quick recovery water feature.
- 50 inch Connex television with a built-in soundbar.
- High-end residential dining room furniture.
- Reading lights in the bedroom.
- 3-speed power vent in the bathroom for ventilation.
Destination Trailer – Puma Destination 38RLB Specs
The Puma Destination 38RLB is one of the best leisure motorhomes available currently, with residential features, spacious interiors and accommodations for many, and a private master bedroom.
This destination trailer has a length of 41 feet and 10 inches with an exterior height of 11 feet and 9 inches. The hitch weight is 1525 pounds, and the gross vehicle weight is 11685 pounds.
The kitchen has modern appliances with a residential-style fridge, three burner gas stove, and microwave. This kitchen also has a center island with a built-in stainless steel sink, and directly across from the island is a four-seater padded dining room area.
The lounge in this floorplan is situated next to the kitchen and features a two-seater beige sofa and two beige recliners with cup holders.
Towards the back of this motorhome is the bedroom, which has a large bed, overhead cabinetry, and a wardrobe with a mirror. The bathroom is a shower, toilet, basin, and 12V shower LED light.
This isn’t all that is on offer, and there are a few more features we feel are worth mentioning:
- Darco wrapped the underbelly to ensure proper healing.
- USB charging ports.
- Spice rack in the kitchen.
- Handy built-in knife rack.
- Soft carpet flooring in the bedroom.
- 6 gallon DSI water heater.
4. Do Palomino Make a Toy Hauler?
Palomino motorhomes manufacture toy haulers and have three types: the Puma Unleashed, Puma XLE Lite, and the Puma Ultra-Lite.
Each of these toy haulers has its own characteristics and features that make them unique.
5. What Are the Smallest RVs from Palomino?
As the brand has such an extensive range of motorhomes, there are quite a few models classified as small.
If you’re looking for a new RV on the smaller and more compact side, look at the list below to learn just how little their smaller models are:
- Toy Hauler: Puma Ultra-Lite 12FBX – This toy hauler has a light hitch weight of 410 pounds and a gross weight of only 391 pounds. The length is 18 feet and 6 inches with an exterior height of 9 feet and 11 inches.
- Travel Trailer: PaloMini 184RB – This model is 21 feet and 9 inches long and has an exterior height of 10 feet and 3 inches. The PaloMini 184RB has a hitch weight of 505 pounds and a gross vehicle weight of 4905 pounds.
- Fifth Wheel: Puma 253 FBS – This fifth wheel is one of the smallest that the brand offers, with a length of 28 feet and an exterior height of 12 feet and 2 inches. The hitch weight is 1128 pounds, and a gross vehicle weight of 8800 pounds.
- Destination Trailer: Puma Destination 38RLQ – The smallest destination trailer that the brand offers is the Puma Destination 38RLQ. This trailer is 39 feet and 9 inches long and has an exterior height of 11 feet and 9 inches. Additionally, the hitch weight is 1469 pounds, and the gross weight is 11629 pounds.
6. What Are the Biggest RVs from Palomino?
Those with larger families often prefer a spacious motorhome. Additionally, some like having a large RV even if they will rarely be traveling with many people.
Should you fall into either of these above-mentioned categories, you will be pleased to learn that Palomino manufactures many large RVs.
If you desire to learn more about the bigger motorhome options in each RV class, read below for more information:
- Toy Hauler: Puma Unleashed 381 FTB – One of the largest toy haulers in the Palomino lineup is the Puma Unleased 3381 FTB. This model is 39 feet and 10 inches long with an exterior height of 12 feet and 8 inches. The hitch weight measures 1760 pounds, and the gross vehicle weight is 14123 pounds.
- Travel Trailer: Solaire Ultra Lite 320 TSBH – If you want a large travel trailer, then the Solaire Ultra Lite might be perfect as it is 36 feet and 3 inches long with an exterior height of 11 feet and 1 inch. The hitch weight is 1085 pounds, and the total gross vehicle weight is 9825 pounds.
- Fifth Wheel: River Ranch 390RL – This model is one of the best the brand offers and is uber spacious. It has a length of 42 feet and an interior height of 13 feet and 6 inches. The hitch weight is 2295 pounds, and the gross vehicle weight is 17999 pounds.
- Destination Trailer: Puma Destination 39DBT – This is one of the brand’s largest motorhomes with a length of 42 feet and 4 inches and an exterior height of 11 feet and 9 inches. It has a hitch weight of 1439 pounds and a gross vehicle weight of 12000 pounds.
7. What Are The Most Popular RVs by Palomino?
With more than 50 years in the RV industry, Palomino RVs have a few popular models amongst RVers.
The brand is known to have lightweight models with innovative floorplans, and they have a proven track record of providing quality constructed models from trustworthy materials.
If you are interested in the Palomino brand and want to learn more about what they have on offer, then have a look at their most popular models below:
- Toy Hauler: Puma XLE Lite 27QBC
- Travel Trailer: Revolve EVI
- Fifth Wheel: River Ranch 392MB
- Destination Trailer: 38RLQ
8. Are Palomino RVs For All Four Seasons?
When undertaking a new motorhome camping adventure, you must consider if you want a recreational vehicle for all four seasons.
Should you want an RV that you can utilize during particularly cold or hot climates, you will need to ensure that your purchase comes with the correct features.
Although many of the Palomino motorhomes do well during four-season travel, their Puma models, in particular, are known to be truly four seasonal.
Below we will look at why the 2021 Palomino Puma 25RKQB is four seasonal and what features it possesses to back up the brand’s claim of its all-season capabilities:
2021 Palomino Puma 25RKQB
The 2021 Palomino Puma 25RKQB motorhome is one of the Palominos brands truly four-season models.
This RV is packed with many features and amenities that make it ideal for winter and summer travel.
Should you be looking for a smaller travel trailer, this could be the one for you as it is compact yet spacious and manufactured with quality materials that ensure it is durable.
See below some of the key features of the Palomino Puma 25RKQB has that showcase its all-season capabilities:
- 12-year warranty on the durable TPO DiFlexII roof.
- Rain gutters that come with large downspouts.
- 6 gallon DSI water heater.
- Solar power prep.
- 13500 BTU ducted air conditioning unit.
- Floor ducted heat throughout the RV.
- 35000 BTU furnace.
- LED ceiling lighting.
Morten is the founder of GoDownsize. He has filmed and interviewed people living in tiny houses and RVs since 2011. He grew up on the coast where his dad took him boating from a young age. He has completely rebuilt two RVs in which he travels with his family for months at the time. Read more about Morten here.