Finding the right motorhome for your next adventure or your venture into full-time RV living is often challenging and requires careful deliberation.
If you want a small motorhome to invest in, you might want to consider an RV from the Pleasure-Way motorhome company.
For many years smaller families and solo adventurers have chosen this manufacturer and continue to do so:
Unable to Purchase A Pleasure-Way RV Direct from the Company:
The Pleasure-Way Industries RV company does not sell new units directly to the public. If you want to purchase one of their motorhomes, you can do so through one of the company’s authorized Pleasure-Way dealers. Additionally, the company also does not offer a factory pick-up option to consumers.
1. Where Are Pleasure-Way Industries RVs Made?
Since this company was founded, it has had its base of operations in the same location.
The Pleasure-Way company manufactures all their motorhomes in one facility in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan in Canada.
If you are from America and were wanting to take a tour of the facility before purchasing the model, you will be relieved to learn that the company does have multiple virtual tour videos on its website.
2. Who Owns the Pleasure-Way Industries Company?
Interestingly the Pleasure-Way company was founded in 1986 because Merv Rumpel believed he needed to create a motorhome business that would provide clients with Class B motorhomes that would stand the test of time.
Today the Pleasure-Way company has more than 30 years of experience in the RV industry and has grown to become a motorhome company that numerous people trust.
Many people don’t know that Rumpel started his venture into RVs first by opening an RV dealership in 1968 called Glenwood Trailers.
Only 18 years after gaining success after success did he decide to produce Class B motorhomes after establishing a market for the product.
In 1986 the Pleasure-Way company manufactured their first 10 Class B motorhomes, and by 1987 the company’s dealership network had expanded to include two more locations in Canada. By 1989, the company hired 10 employees, with three original employees still working within the company today.
One of the company’s big achievements came in 1994 when they manufactured their 10,00th unit proving that Pleasure-Way was making strides in the RV market and was not going anywhere.
In 2009 the company manufactured its 100,00th unit, and in 2018 it produced its 15,000th unit. The company’s continuous success is evident.
Today the company is run by Merv Rumple and Dean rumple, and they continue to seek the best innovation practices to ensure their motorhomes are superior to their competition.
3. What Types and Sizes of RVs Do Pleasure-Way Industries Produce?
The Pleasure-Way company only manufactures Class B RVs and does not manufacture any towable motorhomes nor Class A and Class C motorhomes.
With a focus on only Class B motorhomes, the company has continuously manufactured quality products, emphasizing superior craftsmanship that ensures each RV manufactured will last many years into the future.
At present, the company manufactures eight different models, which we have listed below.
Additionally, we have also included the models’ sizes, their estimated retail values, and whether they are diesel or petrol models:
- 2021.5 Ontour 2.0:
- This motorhome has an overall length of 19 feet and 8 inches and runs on petrol.
- The average retail price for a new Ontour 2.0 is $130,000.
- 2021.5 Plateau TS:
- The Plateau TS is 22 feet and 9 inches long, and it runs on diesel.
- This model’s retail price is estimated to be $160,000.
- 2021 Lexor FL:
- This RV has a length of 20 feet and 11 inches and is a petrol model.
- The price for this model is currently unavailable until the company determines the retail price.
- 2021.5 Ontour 2.2:
- The Ontour 2.2 has an overall length of 21 feet and 10 inches long, and it runs on petrol.
- This model’s retail value is roughly $136,000.
- 2021.5 Tofino:
- This motorhome has a length of 17 feet and 9 inches, and it uses petrol.
- The approximate retail price for the Tofino is $75,000.
- 2021.5 Plateau FL:
- The Plateau FL has an overall length of 22 feet and 9 inches, and it uses diesel.
- This model’s retail price is on average $160,000.
- 2021 Lexor TS:
- This model has a length of 20 feet and 11 inches, and it runs on petrol.
- The price for the Lexor TS is currently unavailable until further notice from the company.
- 2021.5 Ascent TS:
- The Ascent TS is 19 feet and 5 inches long, and it uses diesel.
- On average, the approximate retail price for this model is $150,000.
4. Do Pleasure-Way Industries Make a Toy Hauler?
No, the Pleasure-Way motorhome company does not manufacture a toy hauler.
As mentioned previously, the company only produces Class b motorhomes. It is doubtful that they will branch out into toy haulers and other RV models.
They are currently focused on manufacturing quality Class B motorhomes for the RV market.
5. What Are the Smallest RVs from Pleasure-Way Industries?
The Pleasure-Way company’s two smallest models are the 2021.5 Tofino and the 2021.5 Ascent TS Class B motorhomes.
Class B RVs are incredibly convenient to own and are often suited best towards couples and solo travelers. However, these models are one of the smallest motorhome categories available on the market.
Despite this, many RVers choose Class B motorhomes like the Pleasure-Way models for full-time RV living:
2021.5 Tofino Top Features:
- Stylish vinyl flooring.
- Fiberglass insulation inside the walls throughout the model.
- Superior foil-faced fiberglass insulation along the underside of the roof.
- Multiple USB charging ports for appliances.
- 2.3 cubic feet refrigerator.
- Laminated kitchen countertop with stainless steel sink and single handle faucet.
- Innovative touchscreen control panel.
- Climate control center with a thermostat to control the temperature of the furnace.
- Pop-Top roof sleeping space.
- “Sunbrella” roof tenting.
6. What Are the Biggest RVs from Pleasure-Way Industries?
The biggest Class B models that the Pleasure-Way company manufactures are the 2021.5 Plateau TS and the 2021.5 Ontour 2.2 models.
Although these models are the largest they have on offer, they are still better suited towards solo travels and couples. These larger models are more spacious and have more features than the company’s smaller models.
If you’re looking for a Class B motorhome packed with quality features, you might want to consider these two Pleasure-Way models.
Below is the largest model we mentioned previously, along with its top features:
2021.5 Plateau TS Top Features:
- A 24 inch LED smart Tv in the rear of the motorhome.
- Blu-ray player with Bluetooth soundbar.
- Handy inflatable airbed.
- Microfiber soft suede upholstery on the rear walls of the motorhome.
- Fiberglass insulation along all the walls of the model as well as on the underside of the roofing.
- Cable TV capable with USB charging ports.
- 6 cubic foot refrigerator with freezer.
- Microwave oven and a one-burner stovetop
- Private fully enclosed wet bath facilities with a handheld shower and ceramic toilet.
- 11000 BTU air-conditioning system.
- 11500 BTU Truma VarioHeat furnace.
7. What Are The Most Popular RVs by Pleasure-Way Industries?
As many of us are aware, the Pleasure-Way motorhome company has more than 30 years of experience in the RV industry.
Presently no signs are pointing towards the company slowing down.
With the immense success, they have managed to achieve by only manufacturing Class B motorhomes, they have solidified their presence in the RV market.
With this success has come a few top-rated Class B models.
Below we have mentioned three of the currently popular models that the company is manufacturing:
- Class B: 2021.5 Plateau FL
- Class B: 2021.5 Tofino
- Class B: 2021.5 Ontour 2.2
8. Are Pleasure-Way Industries RVs For All Four Seasons?
Although Pleasure-Way Class B motorhomes are superbly constructed with quality materials, they are not wholly suitable for all-season travel.
However, the company does include purchasing an information booklet on how to winterize a Pleasure-Way motorhome for those who want to travel in below 0 degrees Fahrenheit weather.
Once you have followed the winterizing instructions, you will be able to use your Pleasure-Way motorhome in most climates.
Additionally, it’s crucial to be aware of the fact that some of the company’s models do come with a furnace and an airconditioning system, but they will still need to be winterized.
Top 5 Best Class B RVs For Couples