Tiffin Motorhomes is a brand synonymous with luxury that often comes up as a discussion topic in RV circles.
However, besides the immense popularity of Tiffin Motorhomes, not many people know all there is to know about this motorhome brand.
Whenever deciding to purchase a new RV, it’s crucial to learn all you can about the brand before making a large investment.
To take away the hassle, we have had a look into this brand and found nine facts we think that you should know about them:
The Most Expensive RV Model By Tiffin Motorhomes:
The most expensive motorhome that Tiffin manufactures is the 2021 Zephyr 45PZ. This model sells for approximately $700,000. The Zephyr is so pricey because it has the most features and is the most luxurious out of all the Tiffin RV models.
1. Where Are Tiffin Motorhomes RVs Made?
The Tiffin Motorhome companies main manufacturing plant is based in Red Bay, Alabama, in America.
Tiffin Motorhomes also has an ultra-modern paint facility in the nearby town of Belmont in the state of Mississippi.
Coincidentally the company is one of the leading employers in Northeast and Northwest Alabama.
Tiffin Motorhomes also runs factory tours during weekdays at their Red Bay facility, and they have tours for their paint facility in Belmont, but it is by appointment only.
Due to the pandemic, tours are currently closed in early 2021, so it would be best to contact the company to see when tours will be available again.
2. Who Owns The Tiffin Motorhomes Company?
The company didn’t start as an RV manufacturer; it began as a supply company in 1941.
In 1972 Bob Tiffin founded the Tiffin company after buying the original RV company, and thus the RV legacy began.
After a few years, Tiffin’s sons joined the family business and began to work alongside their father.
A change occurred on the 18th of December 2020 when Thor Industries acquired the family-owned Tiffin RV company. Thor bought the company for $300 million, and Tiffin became a fully owned subsidiary of Thor.
However, the Tiffin family remain on staff with no changes to the Tiffin management team thus far.
3. What Types And Sizes Of RVs Do Tiffin Motorhomes Produce?
Tiffin Motorhomes predominantly manufacture Class A and Class C RVs.
To give you an approximate sense of what to expect with a model that falls into these categories, we have briefly discussed Class A and Class C that they produce:
Class A – Open Road Allegro 36UA
RV enthusiasts have chosen the Open Road Allegro model as their motorhome for decades.
According to Tiffin, the 36UA model has recently undergone an innovative redesign with an all-new Ford 7.3L V8 engine. The model features state of the art quality amenities and has luxury finishes throughout.
This model is perfect for those who are considering full-time RV living, but it works just as well for those who want a holiday motorhome.
The kitchen is outfitted with residential-style home appliances, and there is plenty of counter space and cabinetry.
If you plan to road trip with family or friends, you will be glad to learn that the Open Road models feature a private bedroom with a large bed and a sofa bed near the RV front.
The bedroom has an optional ceiling fan, and there is plenty of cupboard space for all your storage needs when on holiday. There is a corner shower, toilet, wash hand basin, and a washer and dryer in the bathroom.
This model also features a second half bathroom near the living room, which has a toilet and basin.
Notably, the living room features entertainment in the form of an LED TV, and it has a fireplace across from the sofas.
Moreover, this model also features bunk beds and has a booth dinette where everyone can eat their meals together.
Class C – Wayfarer 25RW
The remodeled Wayfarer Class C motorhome by Tiffin might be smaller than their Class A models, but it certainly doesn’t shirk on features and amenities.
The inside is compact yet spacious, with numerous interior design themes available to suit every fancy.
As this model is built on a Mercedez Benz chassis, it features excellent handling, which works well with the safety features it offers!
This RV layout is cleverly designed, with everything having a place without any of the living areas being overly congested.
If you choose the Oasis interior theme, you will have a kitchen with sparkling white countertops and white wood cabinetry. The countertop space is slightly limited, but a handy pull-out extension will fix this issue.
The bedroom has a bathroom on one side and the living room on the other side.
The queen bed pulls out from one of the sofas and is large enough for two people. When not in use, you can easily disassemble it, and you will have more living room space.
Across from the bed is an LED television, so you can lie in bed and watch movies all day if you feel like it.
4. Do Tiffin Motorhomes Make A Toy Hauler?
No, Tiffin Motorhomes does not manufacture a toy hauler.
Their primary focus is on luxury Class A models.
5. What Are The Smallest RVs From Tiffin Motorhomes?
Tiffin Motorhomes doesn’t have an extensive range; however, they have a few small luxury models that customers can choose between.
Below we have listed the smallest model you can buy in the Class A and Class C category:
- Class A: 2021 Allegro Breeze 31BR – This Class A has a length of 31 feet and 2 inches, an interior height of 78 inches.
- Class C: 2021 Wayfarer 25RW – The Wayfarer25RW has a total length of 25 feet and 8 inches and an interior height of 80 inches.
6. What Are The Biggest RVs From Tiffin Motorhomes?
As Tiffin only manufactures primarily Class A and Class C RVs, there isn’t a broad range of large models.
Their Class C actually only has one size currently.
However, they do have a few large Class A models, which we have listed below:
- Class A: Zephyr 45 PZ – This one of their biggest models, with a length of 45 feet and an interior height of 83 inches.
- Class A: Allegro Bus 45OPP – The Allegro Bus also has a length of 45 feet and an interior height of 83 inches.
7. How Are Tiffin Motorhomes RVs Made?
The Tiffin company makes all their own cabinetry featured in their Class A and Class C models. The wood used for the cabinetry is crafted by artisan craftsmen from the Red Bay area.
One of the most modern improvements in the RV industry in recent years is the introduction of a singular fiberglass roof. Tiffin features a one-piece fiberglass roof for their models, which provides an exceptional leak-proof covering.
With innovation in mind, Tiffan utilizes multiplex wiring to lessen issues that arise from wiring problems. Multiplex wiring allows signals and commands to be sent via a single set of wires instead of multiple wires.
To ensure quality, most of the RV components featured in Tiffin RVs are actually made by artisans that work for the company.
All Tiffin RVs that have slides use the companies smart slide technology. This technology makes sure all slides are watertight and almost completely undetectable when closed.
8. What Are The Most Popular RVs by Tiffin Motorhomes?
As one of the leading luxury RV companies in the industry Tiffin Motorhomes has two incredibly popular models amongst RVers.
We’re going to take a brief look into these two models so that you will have an inclination of what they offer to better decide on your new RV purchase:
Tiffin Allegro Bus Diesel:
In the RV industry, the Allegro Bus models are top sellers for all those who participate in full-time RV living.
These models are designed to mimic residential living while out on the road or camped out in an RV park:
- The Allegro Bus models have seven different floorplans for customers to choose from.
- All the furniture in these models is from Villa Today premium furniture manufacturers.
- These models feature the slide-out technology and the Extraodinare AC system technology that Tiffin is famed for.
- All floorplans are spacious and ideal for those who entertain frequently or who have large families.
Tiffin Phaeton Diesel:
The Phaeton RV models are possibly the companies biggest best sellers and one of America’s favorite Diesal class motorhomes for over a decade.
These models are also favored because of their reasonable price point.
The luxury and comfort you receive with the amenities and features they offer are well worth the price:
- These models have beautiful porcelain tile floors and ultra-leather furniture.
- You can choose between seven well thought out floor plan designs.
- The handcrafted cabinetry comes in five different options, including Shadow, Sterling, and Amber Glazed.
- There are two ducted furnaces, three solar panels, and an Extraoidinare air conditioning system.
9. Are Tiffin Motorhomes RVs For All Four Seasons?
The Tiffing motorhomes are made for four-season travel, especially the Class A models.
Each model has an assortment of features that allow you to use your motorhome in hot and cold climates.
Below we have written a few of the most common features found in Tiffin models that prove the company designs their RVs with numerous weather conditions in mind.
Additionally, the materials and construction of the Tiffin motorhomes also factor into why they are durable in different climates.
- The “Tiffin Extraodinare AC system” is a specialized climate control technology that the company invented.
- This technology allows air to circulate to maintain the temperature that you want while inside your motorhome.
- Most models feature a hydronic heating system that keeps water hot continuously.
- 12 v attic fans to ensure adequate air circulation.
- Solar panel prep for if you want to install solar power.
- A generator that auto-starts should you have any power issues.
Morten is the founder of GoDownsize. He has filmed and interviewed people living in tiny houses and RVs since 2011. He grew up on the coast where his dad took him boating from a young age. He has completely rebuilt two RVs in which he travels with his family for months at the time. Read more about Morten here.