Large-scale motorhomes are not suited to everyone, and some RVers prefer owning smaller motorhomes that are easier to maneuver and offer more flexible travel options.
The Travel Lite RV company has been in business for quite some time and has become popular amongst RVers who prefer smaller-scale motorhomes. With their reputation for excellence often preceding them, many might consider themselves knowledgable on many aspects of this motorhome company.
However, there is a fair amount to be learned about the Travel Lite RV company before deciding on purchasing one of their models:
Has Travel Lite RV Company Ever Closed Temporarily:
In 2019 the Travel Lite RV company closed its doors for four weeks. It was reported that the RV company had closed permanently, but this was not true. Shortly after the news surfaced, the company released a statement announcing they were undergoing restructuring and halting production temporarily.
Table of Contents
1. Where Are Travel Lite RVs Made?
The Travel Lite RV company has its headquarters and primary manufacturing facility located in Syracuse, Indiana.
The company was not always situated in Syracuse, Indiana, as it was actually founded in New Paris, Indiana.
As is offered by many motorhome manufacturers, the Travel Lite RV company offers future clients the option to tour the factory and learn how the various models are produced.
For some, this is important as they wish to know how a model is manufactured and what materials are used before purchasing a motorhome.
If you would like to schedule a tour, contact the company either by phone or through their website!
2. Who Owns the Travel Lite Company?
Unlike big brand names in the motorhome industry Travel Lite hasn’t been operating for numerous decades.
However, the company has quickly risen in the ranks and become a name that RVers recognize. The Travel Lite RV company was founded in 1989 by Larry Johns, who decided to specialize in truck campers and lightweight travel trailers.
In 2015, Larry’s son and daughter-in-law Dustin and Lindsey Johns took over.
With the restructuring, the company is under new management, with Travel Lite being led by Ryan Rebar, its COO, and general manager. This change came after Dustin Johns left the company in 2019.
Johns and his wife are no longer part owners of the Travel Lite company as local investors now own the company.
3. What Types and Sizes of RVs Do Travel Lite Produce?
Travel Lite primarily manufactures a range of truck campers and travel trailers.
The company started in the niche truck camper market when they began production in 1989, but in 2011, they decided to branch out, as mentioned previously.
Their companies products have been well received in the RV market despite the company having a brief period of uncertainty when they closed temporarily for four weeks in 2019.
After the restructuring event, Travel Lite has come back stronger than ever with the goal in mind to meet the demand of consumers.
Should you want to learn the different motorhome sizes and weight ranges, you can look at the truck camper and travel trailer categories the company offers below:
- 2021 Rayzr Truck Campers: 6 feet and 4 inches with a dry weight of 1186 pounds to 7 feet and 6 inches with a dry weight of 1264 pounds.
- 2021 Extended Stay Truck Campers: 14 feet and 5 inches with a dry weight of 2066 pounds to 16 feet and 4 inches with a dry weight of 1865 pounds.
- 2021 Super Lite Truck Campers: 10 feet and 2 inches to 11 feet and 9 inches with no weight ratings currently given as per the company’s website.
- 2021 Rove Lite Ultra Lightweight Travel Trailers: 15 feet and 4 inches with a weight rating ranging between 1510 pounds and 1676 pounds.
4. Do Travel Lite Make a Toy Hauler?
Presently the Travel Lite RV company does not design, manufacture, or sell toy haulers.
Their focus has been on constructing quality lightweight travel trailers and innovative truck campers.
It is unknown if the company will eventually branch out into toy haulers as they only recently in 2011 decided to manufacture travel trailers.
5. What Are the Smallest RVs from Travel Lite?
Several smaller models are available for purchase, with a range of truck campers and new 2021 travel trailers coming soon.
If you’re looking to learn the smallest models that the Travel Lite company manufactures, you can look at the few options we have provided:
- Rayzr truck camper full kitchen model – 6 feet and 4 inches.
- Super Lite truck camper 590SL – 10 feet and 2 inches.
- Super Lite truck camper 625SL – 10 feet and 7 inches.
Why You Should Choose A Smaller Motorhome:
- Smaller travel trailers and motorhomes weigh less and are easier to tow on uncertain terrain.
- They fit a large range of cars and trucks because they are usually lightweight.
- Smaller travel trailers and truck campers cost less and are more affordable.
- With smaller travel trailers, you won’t use as much fuel as lightweight trailers won’t cause your vehicle to guzzle as much gas.
- Many people prefer smaller travel trailers and motorhomes because they are easier to maintain. You won’t need to repair many tires, nor will you need to service numerous slides continuously.
6. What Are the Biggest RVs from Travel Lite?
In truth, many people, including seasoned RV owners and first-time motorhome buyers, will want to choose a larger RV.
This is largely because it will allow them more space should they need it. Should you be interested in discovering what the largest models are that the company produces, you can look at the few models we have listed.
- Rove Lite travel trailer 14FD – 15 feet and 4 inches.
- Extended Stay truck camper 840SBRX – 16 feet and 4 inches.
- Extended Stay truck camper 960RX – 16 feet and 1 inch.
Why You Should Choose A Larger Motorhome:
- Larger motorhomes are more spacious and give the occupants more space freedom to move about while traveling.
- Big motorhomes like fifth wheels and travel trailers are excellent for larger families who want to travel together inexpensively when they go on holiday.
- Many larger motorhomes provide ample storage for all your outdoor and indoor gear requirements.
- Larger motorhomes like travel trailers and Class As come with superior heating and cooling systems in place to ensure you are comfortable year-round.
- Larger RVs and some smaller models have a life expectancy of approximately 20 years, with many lasting longer than that if they are maintained. This makes a larger motorhome an ideal investment option for large families or those who like to entertain and travel frequently.
7. What Are The Most Popular RVs by Travel Lite?
Should you be looking to purchase a new motorhome, you are likely interested in learning what the most popular models are available on the market currently.
For many, purchasing a specific popular motorhome is their preferred choice because they know they have a higher likelihood of buying a durable, reputable, and long-lasting model.
There are hundreds of popular models available in the RV market, so it can be incredibly challenging to determine which motorhome type, make, and model is best suited for you.
It is also hard to uncover what the popular RVs on offer are from a specific motorhome company.
We have decided to try and shorten the amount of time you spend sifting through motorhomes.
Below are a few of the Travel Lite motorhome company’s most popular models on offer:
- Extended Stay Truck Camper – 890RX.
- Super Lite Truck Camper – 626XLS.
- Rayzr Truck Camper – Full kitchen model.
What Makes RVs So Popular Statistically?
It’s estimated that more than 89% of people who the RVIA surveyed stated that their main reason for purchasing an RV was because they wanted an easier way for them and their families to go camping.
According to Statistica, one in every five Americans prefer hiking and camping trips that involve a motorhome.
Furthermore, motorhomes have become very popular over the last decade because they offer individuals and families a cheaper alternative to booking in at an accommodation.
It’s estimated that opting to stay in a motorhome instead of a hotel or bed other accommodation forms can be up to 60% cheaper for holidaymakers.
8. Are Travel Lite RVs For All Four Seasons?
In short, yes, many of the Travel Lite motorhome models are capable of four-season travel.
However, the company’s models leave much to be desired as they don’t come with air conditioning units.
The travel trailer models come with 20,000 BTU furnaces which make them capable of traveling in winter, but they won’t be as comfortable as other motorhomes in summer or winter travel.
Although you can utilize many of the brand’s motorhomes for summer and winter travel, it will largely be at your own risk as they are not specifically designed to be four seasonal.